Every year, organizations around the world celebrate Autism Awareness with unique fundraisers and awareness raising events during the month of April! Stay tuned for our Autism Awareness blog series throughout April, where we look forward to sharing our Autism 30 podcast, family stories about the blessings and challenges of living with autism, information about local events, and more.
If you’re looking to attend some family friendly events this month, check out the ones below!
- Sunday, April 19: Milestones Langley Fundraiser
- Saturday & Sunday, April 22-23: World Music Festival at the Rio Theatre
- Sunday, April 24: 5th Annual Canucks Autism Network Family Festival
- Saturday, April 30: SUPA Society’s Surf’s Up/ASD Sk8 Day Fundraiser
- Saturday, April 30: Modern Fort: The Market that Gives Back
If you have any questions about these events, please call Canucks Autism Network at: (604) 685-4049
In celebration of Autism Awareness Month, we’re excited to share Michael’s story that was recently featured on Global News. Michael landed a job at London Drugs through the help of posAbilities Employment Service. As Catherine Urquhart explains, a growing number of businesses are choosing to hire workers with physical or mental challenges. Watch the video, and see how London Drugs and Michael have both benefitted by this employment opportunity.