Contributed by Monica Alves, Communications & Event Planning Intern
As another year has come and gone, we’d like to take this time to reflect back on our challenges, accomplishments, and special moments that accompanied us throughout 2017. We took another step forward in the journey of inclusion and diversity, continuing to support a wide range of individuals with developmental disabilities to become valuable members of their communities and establish a strong sense of belonging.
This past year included many memorable experiences, like Stage Door’s adventure comedy play about the human spirit, more inspiring stories from our team members and persons served, and the first ever Disability Pride Parade in BC. We enjoyed sharing the news pieces of posAbilities with you on our blog – all 50 publications!
Below is a list of our top 10 stories of 2017, as rated by our readers. We hope you had a wonderful holiday season and are looking forward to what 2018 has in store. The posAbilities are endless.
1) Diving into Diversity: A Journey to Cultural Respect & Inclusion
2) Advocating For Human Rights Needs to Continue: Barb Goode Talks About the Importance of the Eve Decision
3) Another Show, Another Success!
4) What’s Included in the INCLUSION Art Show?
5) A look into Mara’s Shared Living Life
6) ABC Network Seeking Actors with Disabilities
7) Meet Our New Summer Students!
8) One Man’s Story
9) Laurel Celebrates World Autism Awareness Month
10) Pink Shirts for Change
Do you want to stay in the loop on the latest industry news, workshops and events? Sign up HERE to receive our free monthly e-newsletter!