Contributed by Monica Alves, Communications Intern
2018 was a year that brought about many milestones and accomplishments for posAbilities. As another year has come and gone, we’d like to take this time to reflect back on all of the special moments that helped us take another step in the right direction of community inclusion. This past year included many memorable experiences. Together, we created community murals on the streets of Richmond and inside our very own head office, we helped launch Real Talk – a new sexual health education initiative, and we even heard posAbilities’ Employment Services grand debut on The Lynda Steele Show. Our successes did not come without challenges, but the passion and dedication of our team propelled us into many valuable opportunities and achievements for the people we serve and their families. Thank you for following us along for the ride. What will be in store for us in the new year? We cannot wait to share more of our journey with you!
Without further ado, we present to you our top 10 stories of 2018, as rated by our readers.
1. Top 7 Accessible Hikes in BC
2. A Look into Mara’s Shared Living Life
3. Introducing the People of posAbilties: Meet the people who make great work possible
4. Our 2018 Artist Demos Will Have You Saying ‘Wow!’
5. Rock for Autism
6. Getting Comfortable with Conversations about Dating and Sex – It’s Real Talk!
7. Kudoz Welcomes Youth into their Experience Platform
8. This Holiday Season a New Energy Brightens Trillium House
9. People of posAbilities: Meet Maria Carpio